Saturday, 20.04.2024
Jurassic Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Jurassic Forum » JURASSIC references & paper reviews » Jurassic around the world » Cabral et al., 2013 b (Registo da extinção dos Metacopina (Ostracoda))
Cabral et al., 2013 b
mhornДата: Sunday, 07.07.2013, 22:18 | Сообщение # 1
Admin
Group: Администраторы
Cabral M.C., Loureiro I.M., Duarte L.V., Azerêdo A.C. (2013) Registo da extinção dos Metacopina (Ostracoda, Crustacea) no Toarciano de Rabaçal, região de Coimbra // Comunicações Geológicas, 100, Especial I, 63-68

http://www.lneg.pt/download/6617/9_ART_CG13_ESPECIAL_I_FINAL_corr2.pdf

The extinction of the Metacopina Suborder (ostracods) in the Early Jurassic is a global event, whose age has been strongly discussed. Over most of the western Europe countries, this ostracod group is usually very well represented throughout the Early Jurassic and then dramatically disappears, being replaced by other ostracod groups with more "modern" characteristics which last until present times. Recent studies on the ostracod fauna from the Toarcian Rabaçal section (Coimbra region), where the Metacopina are very well represented, supported by high-resolution stratigraphical analysis which includes ammonite and calcareous nannofossil biostratigraphy and isotopic geochemistry, allowed us to accurately identify the record of the Metacopina extinction event at the top of the Polymorphum Zone. The main features associated with this extinction episode are similar to those described for other European regions.

Middle Jurassic - Lower Cretaceous ammonites & aptychi

Jurassic Forum » JURASSIC references & paper reviews » Jurassic around the world » Cabral et al., 2013 b (Registo da extinção dos Metacopina (Ostracoda))
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

jurassic.ru © 2024
Free web hostinguCoz