Friday, 29.03.2024
Jurassic Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Jurassic Forum » JURASSIC references & paper reviews » Jurassic of Russia and former USSR » Rogov M.A., Starodubtseva I.A. (2014) (The Khoroshevo section & Volgian Stage)
Rogov M.A., Starodubtseva I.A. (2014)
mhornДата: Monday, 10.11.2014, 11:45 | Сообщение # 1
Admin
Group: Администраторы
Rogov M.A., Starodubtseva I.A. (2014) The Khoroshevo section (Moscow), «Palaeontological Klondike» of XIX century, and its significance for studying of ammonites and stratigraphy of Volgian Stage // Bull. Soc. Natur. Moscow, sect. geol. Vol.89. Issue 5. P.16-33. [in Russian]

pdf: http://jurassic.ucoz.ru/_fr/21/rogov_starodubc.pdf

History of investigation of the Volgian (Upper Jurassic) section near to Khoroshevo Village (formerly in Moscow Gouvernement, now in Moscow) is reviewed. This famous section, well-known from the end of the XVIII century, was especially important for first stratigraphic charts of the Moscow area and it is a source of type specimens of 11 species of the Volgian and Early Cretaceous ammonites. Nomenclature and boundaries of two lower zones of the Upper Volgian Substage of the European part of Russia are discussed. Changing of index species of the second Upper Volgian zone is proposed from Craspedites (C.) subditus to Garniericeras catenulatum. This decision is based on priority, wide geographic range of G. catenulatum compared with those of C. (C.) subditus, and appearance of G. catenulatum at the lower boundary of the zone, while earliest C. (C.) subditus are known from the uppermost horizons of the underlying zone. Brief descriptions of the Craspedites (C.) fragilis, Kachurites fulgens and Garniericeras interjectum are made, and some originals and lectotypes from the historical collections by Eichwald, Trautschold, Nikitin, and Vischniakov and others are refigured. A new species Zaraiskites densecostatus Rogov is described.

Middle Jurassic - Lower Cretaceous ammonites & aptychi

Jurassic Forum » JURASSIC references & paper reviews » Jurassic of Russia and former USSR » Rogov M.A., Starodubtseva I.A. (2014) (The Khoroshevo section & Volgian Stage)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

jurassic.ru © 2024
Free web hostinguCoz